Virtual House Calls with Dr. Josie are weekly on Saturdays at 11AM EST*.
These are every week and very informal. Please sign up here. The group of cancer survivors is very welcoming and friendly. We discuss a wide range of topics that range from hobbies to health education. And we also have intermittent special topics (e.g. book discussion, movie discussion, and quarterly caregiver/support person/pet meetings). No preparation required. Come as you are!
- Special guest on 10/30/21: Bradley Buchanan, Professor Emeritus, Department of English, California State University, Sacramento, who will talk about Writing as Healing.
- Virtual book club on 1/22/21. We will discuss No Cure for Being Human by Kate Bowler, but do not feel obligated to read it. Just come as you are!
- Virtual book club on 3/5/21. We will discuss Moving Through Cancer by Kathryn Schmitz, but do not feel obligated to read it. Just come as you are!
* Due to upcoming Holidays, we will not meet on 11/27/21, 12/25/21, and 1/1/22. In addition, we will meet at 815am EST on the following dates: 10/23/21, 11/13/21, 1/15/22, 2/26/21, and 3/26/21.
Speaking inquiries can be submitted here.
– Aim to gently ease your role when your life has been touched by cancer (whether that be as a cancer survivor, a caregiver, or a health care worker).
– Provide a resource for (evidence-based) empowerment, and inspiration.
– Integrate my unique experience as a clinician (a board certified geriatrician and medical oncologist as well as a psychoanalyst-in-training) and cancer survivor.
– Adapt to the audience needs in an engaging manner and provide practical takeaways.